To ignite interdisciplinary and translational aging research initiatives, contribute to interprofessional geriatrics education, and enhance the quality of person-centered care
Connect the disconnected, Integrate knowledge, Transcend traditional boundaries, and Extend opportunities to others through education and dissemination
- Biology of aging & age-related diseases including Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, Behavioral and mental health issues associated with aging & age-related diseases
- Health services research & policy approaches to improve access to care & outcomes of care.
- Ethnogeriatric and equity-informed approaches to care for racial/ethnic/gender minorities
Opportunities for Future Collaborations:
Connect, Integrate, Transcend, and Extend
Critical mass of interdisciplinary researchers, clinicians, and educators at Rutgers are working in areas of: Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia; HIV and Aging; Mobility and Rehabilitation (including falls prevention and post-stroke therapies); Nutrition and Oral Health; Osteoporosis and Bone Health; Palliative and End-of-Life Care; Primary/Preventive Care and Payment Models
Next Steps :
- Outreach to experts in policy, advocacy, and law from Newark and Camden campuses.
- Outreach to experts in state government and department of health.
- Host monthly center meetings with longer format including: time for networking and fellowship;featured speaker (rotating topic); and mock-review session (papers and grants)
- Build community through social activities and community service (after work social; seasonal outdoor activities; community outreach/education/service events)
- Build shared history of funding, publication, conference symposia, colloquia/gero-seminar.
- Participation in meetings and scholarly events
- Participation in social events and community service/outreach/education
- Web site traffic, social media engagement
- Selection for Capital Campaign & Endowments
- Participation in Rutgers Giving Day
- Grant funding, especially to multidisciplinary teams
- Publications, especially by multidisciplinary teams
- Professional advancement, promotions, and awards to center members